I’M GONNA DO IT
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Were you born to raise hell? The biggest thing since World War III? If so, maybe you should contribute to my upcoming fanzine for the animated cult classic Rock & Rule!
Possible submission ideas include:
- Character portraits
- Illustrations and comics inspired by the film or your experience with the film
- Short essays, poetry, and other written works
- Anything else that can fit onto an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper folded in half. Think you can design a papercraft Mok? Great! I wish you well on your hellish journey of discovery.
It’s an open field. Just keep the content PG-13ish (if you feel your idea is on the upper edge of that threshold, please ask anyway!).
Since this is fan work, it’s not a paid gig. Every contributor gets a high-res PDF to print off and independently sell at conventions/zine fairs/expos/etc. if they so choose. It won’t be sold online. This is just for fun!
HOW TO SUBMIT
If you’re interested, please contact krisjacque AT gmail DOT com with your idea. If you want to do a character portrait, weigh in early. I don’t want to wind up with nothing but pictures of Mok!
Images/comics should be roughly 6.5” x 8.5” at 300 DPI, minimum. Grayscale or B/W lineart only.
Deadline is November 15, 2014.
Anti-Disney powerpoints are like
"HERE is a good example of character diversity in animation! It’s called Paranorman. Here’s what makes it special:
- a fat white boy in a cast with four other white kids
- this girl named Salma who has three whole lines! wow!
- THE JOCK WAS GAY!! DID YOU KNOW THE JOCK WAS GAY??? FIRST OPENLY GAY CHARACTER IN AN ANIMATED MOVIE!!! HE WAS GAY AND HE WAS GAY FOR THE WHOLE MOVIE. DID YOU KNOW HE’S GAY”